Sunday, July 25, 2010

Doomed??


Well there's a twist I wasn't expecting.

My employer back in the old country is trying to keep me chained to the washing machine/kitchen counter/household appliances...

HOW IRRITATING!



True, I asked to come back part-time, but not because I like being a housewife. I asked to be allowed to work part-time because if I don't have time to do my 'chores' during the day, I'll have to do them during the evening, when the kids are in bed and hubby's sleeping on the couch; and I couldn't bear the thought. I'm pooped once the kids are out, there's no way I'm going to be able to do all the housework alone ('cause you know I'll have to do it alone) after a full day's work AND an afternoon with the kids.

Not able, and definitely not willing. Therein lies the point. I refuse!

Then I get a letter from my employer saying it's all or nothin', babe. Full-time or no time.

HOW FRUSTRATING!

I've contacted my union rep and she seems to think I have a good case. My fingers are crossed for an amicable solution.

One of the biggest advantages to having been abroad these past 3+ years is that we can afford me working part-time while the kids are small. So if my union and I don't 'win', I'm stuck in housewifehood until I can find another job...whoah.

Terrifying.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment