It's been awhile. And it will probably always have been awhile, every time I write; because as every housewife knows, there just aren't enough hours in the day to allow myself to sit at the computer and play with my blog as often as I'd like.
*Siiiiigh*
Yesterday I met with hubby's company's secretary - the "fixer", as I think of her, she helps us with every aspect of life here in Korea and we would all be lost without her. Hubby threw my wallet in the trash around Lunar New Year (that's another story) and my Korean drivers' license was lost forever.
Well, not forever...that's what the fixer and I were doing, getting me a new license. And while we were driving/waiting in line/filling out forms, we chatted about all kinds of stuff. Among other things, our family's Alien Card renewal deadlines are coming up, so we have to assemble all sorts of paperwork to send to the Immigration office etc etc...no problem really, except that hubby has to get a statement from the tax office to send along...and he has a tendency to prioritize work issues over personal ones. I distinctly remember waiting far too long last year for hubby to get hold of this paper... I told the fixer as much - and told her that we have to start nagging him NOW!
I then told her that that morning before work I had asked him to change our water jug (one of those 20 kg office water-cooler deals, we can't drink the tap water here in SK), but he forgot. I got it changed; it's amazing the feats of strength the desire for coffee can inspire...so I don't really need him to do it...but I feel like some things around here I just have to label "men's work", because not everything can be my job, right?
So anyway, I told the fixer that if the water jug had been stamped with his employer's name, he wouldn't have forgotten so easily!
She thought that was really funny, and said she'd send him home with some company stickers so I could put them on things I wanted done.
From there the conversation degenerated into putting stickers on the dishwasher, to the vaccuum cleaner, the pile of dirty laundry next to his bed, and finally to the baby's poopy diapers...we had a really good laugh at poor hubby's expense...but shortly thereafter the conversation was filed away in my overstuffed cobwebby brain as a funny incident and promptly forgotten.
Until hubby came home from work and came straight to me with a handfull of stickers, which of course set me off all over again...and he had a chuckle as well, when I explained to him why he was giving them to me (the fixer had declined to comment).
Hmmm...now I'm wondering - where should I put the first sticker??? Any suggestions?
*
No comments:
Post a Comment